Thursday, January 20, 2011


A blog of my mother's diary from 1961 - 2001

Here's something Bobby (who enjoys listening to me read these documents aloud) actually suggested to me and at first I thought, "that will take way too long - why even start?" After thinking about it a little I decided that starting the blog would be what takes the longest; the rest will be easy. I can post 1 diary entry per day and not get hung up about it if I miss a day...which, you know I will. This is something that I ran past Dad and my siblings and everyone was for it but of course there will be a sentence here and there that would best be left unwritten. I will signify such times with a dash or some "..." between phrases.

I've had this large tub of diaries since her passing but kept them put away in a closet until this past fall when I longed to ask her some questions and remembered I could possibly refer to her writings for some answers. I've enjoyed reading this so much that I felt guilty keeping all this to myself. I began to share things on FB with cousins when Mom would write something about them and because the response was so favorable, I decided Bobby's idea was a good one.

I hope you think it's a good idea too. I'd LOVE to receive comments, especially if something you've read triggers an old memory and you can add to what I've copied down in this blog.

I hope you enjoy Remnants of Virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment